fingerlakespermaculture - Seeking collaborators for small, intentional community (Wellsboro, PA )

  • From: "Michael Burns" <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Seeking collaborators for small, intentional community (Wellsboro, PA )
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 21:07:02 -0400

from: http://elmira.craigslist.org/apa/3249068231.html with pictures

We are looking for people interested in alternative living (i.e. organic
gardening & permaculture, animal husbandry, activism, art/crafting, natural
building, etc.) to come join us in developing our property and turning it into
a model of sustainable living. We have a 13 acre mobile home park w/ 6 lots
nestled in beautiful Stony Fork valley that is in need of some TLC. We've only
had this place for about a year- it's still in pretty rough shape and is need
of lots of clean-up & beautification but it really does have a lot of
potential! There is plenty of room for an r.v., yurt, schoolbus, etc. to be
parked in exchange for work (including a lot w/ water, electric/septic). We
also have a really nice 3 bedroom mobile home available for rent available
mid-September or beginning of October ($500+utilities) This is my parents'
mobile home and wouldn't be available for work trade; They are looking for
somebody exceptionally clean & responsible to rent it out, no pets
(sorry!-outdoor small livestock is a possibility though!) There is a brand new
stove and refrigerator in the mobile home, plus it comes w/ washer/dryer. We
will also have another 3 bedroom mobile home available sometime in the spring
for $500 a month- well-behaved pets may be negotiable with this one. We have
*lots* of projects in mind for this place and could really use a few more
like-minded folks on board to help us out; Some of our aspirations include: a
decent sized market/community garden, a building supply salvage business,
farmstand/variety shop, a waldorf-based daycare, and last, but not least,
green/efficient tiny houses built on mobile home frames to live in or rent
out. Possibilities abound! We are really striving for an intentional community
where we are all benefiting from a shared/cooperative existance (i.e.
potlucks, shared childcare, sharing of non-monetary resources like
books/tools, etc.) Some other perks to living down here are the fact that we
live right up the road from some beautiful state forest land//really nice
swimming holes//the PA Grand Canyon is close by. Sooo if this sounds like
something you might be interested in please get in touch with us and arrange a
visit and we'll go from there. And for the record, we are looking for
down-to-earth folks who are passionate about living a simple lifestyle- this
is a quiet, family-friendly place and we would like to keep it that way (so no
drama please! :) )
If you are interested in either of the mobile homes please call 570-787-3232
ASAP. all other inquiries can be done by e-mail or we can be reached @
570-787-3530 (please leave a message if you would like to get in touch w/ us
as we don't have great cell service down here)

###
http://FLXpermaculture.Net
###
Earn your Permaculture Design Certificate
with the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org
###

  • Seeking collaborators for small, intentional community (Wellsboro, PA ), Michael Burns, 09/12/2012