fingerlakespermaculture - Latest TCLocal article: Forecasting Weather Challenges

  • From: Jon Bosak <bosak AT pinax.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Latest TCLocal article: Forecasting Weather Challenges
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 20:43:08 -0400

At the intersection of the challenges posed by decreasing energy
resources and increasing climate change lies our ability to forecast the
weather. We are already on the verge of losing our ability to see
extreme weather events coming just when such events are becoming more
common. In our latest TCLocal article, "Forecasting Weather Challenges,"
Simon St.Laurent reviews the technologies needed to maintain weather
forecasting now and in the future. You can find the article at

http://tclocal.org/2012/06/forecasting_weather_challenges.html

ABOUT TCLOCAL

Several times a year, TCLocal brings you another in our series of
articles addressing various aspects of relocalization in Tompkins
County. Contributors to TCLocal are members of the community committed
to helping prepare for a more local and self-reliant future. Articles
that have been published so far at tclocal.org can be found in the
TCLocal archives at

http://tclocal.org/archives.html

Articles appearing at tclocal.org are published under the Creative
Commons license and are owned and managed by the contributors as a
group. People interested in becoming TCLocal contributors should
first read "How to Contribute" at

http://www.ibiblio.org/tcrp/about.htm#how

and then contact the TCLocal editor at the address below to sign up.

Jon Bosak
Editor, TCLocal
bosak AT pinax.com

  • Latest TCLocal article: Forecasting Weather Challenges, Jon Bosak, 06/13/2012