fingerlakespermaculture - Ithaca Freeskool Summer Session

  • From: Shira Golding <shiragolding AT gmail.com>
  • To: Shira Golding <shiragolding AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: ithaca freeskool <ithaca_freeskool_organizers AT lists.aktivix.org>
  • Subject: Ithaca Freeskool Summer Session
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 14:46:10 -0400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

We Are All Teachers!
Ithaca Freeskool Announces Jam-Packed Summer Session

ITHACA, NY – May 9, 2012 – Ithaca Freeskool is excited to announce the 2012 summer session spanning the months of June-August 2012. The Freeskool is a grassroots, all-volunteer community-building initiative that empowers people to teach and attend classes without cost. Primarily geared towards adults, anyone can teach and anyone can attend.

The summer calendar will be released at the Freeskool's Spring Social on May 18th from 6:30-9pm at The Shop. After the 18th, the calendars will be distributed throughout the community and listed online. Classes include "Affordable Housing Discussion Group," "People's Herb School," "Urban Homesteading Reading Group," "Know Your Rights Under OSHA," "Intro to Bioregional Mapping," "DIY Solar Oven Build" and many more.

"The Freeskool organizers and teachers are just people who want to see something happen, so we put the word out there and it happens. I love meeting new people through classes I offer, especially because the activities we gather around are things that we'd already be doing. Freeskool provides a platform for us to do them together," explains organizer McKenzie Jones-Rounds.

First-time teacher Shoshana Perry was inspired to offer a class after attending "Fermented Beverages" during the spring session. She shares, "There's no group like this is Ithaca that is open to the public and free! Its important to have non-monetized learning opportunities that welcome beginners and experienced folks alike!"

###

For photos or more information, contact organizer Shira Evergreen at 607-821-0654 or shira AT shirari.com.

Visit the Ithaca Freeskool website: http://ithacafreeskool.wordpress.com

  • Ithaca Freeskool Summer Session, Shira Golding, 05/09/2012