fingerlakespermaculture - Good Life Farm's first Asparaganza! May 5, 2012

  • From: "Michael Burns" <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Good Life Farm's first Asparaganza! May 5, 2012
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:12:33 -0400

From: "Jon Harrod" <insul8er AT yahoo.com>

I am forwarding this announcement from Garrett and Melissa at The Good Life
Farm. For those who don't know about the Good Life Farm, it's a really
inspirational project that is seeking to build a post-fossil fuel food system
based on permaculture principles. Check out their website
www.thegoodlifefarm.org or read this article in Fresh Dirt magazine
http://www.freshdirtmag.com/pdfs/new-beginnings.pdf.

This will be a fun, family-friendly event.  If anyone is interested in joining
a carpool from downtown Ithaca, please email me off-list at
jharrod AT snugplanet.com.  Hope to see you there!

Jon

Dear Friendly Farm Folks,

Yippee!  We are officially inviting you all to our first and much hoped for
Asparagus festival at the Good Life Farm- Asparaganza 2012!  Three springs
past we planted that crop, with much assistance from dear friends and
neighbors.  This year, is a big year for production to start really ramping
up, making us unstoppable with asparagus energy. On that note- pray for rain!
Without further ado, here are some details. We ask that you share this
wherever and however you like- we'd like to mob it!

What: Celebration of Spring, Asparagus and Community

When:Saturday, May 5, 4-7 PM

Where:the Good Life Farm, 4017 Hickok Rd., Interlaken, NY 14847 (map on the
website)

More what: A country style fair with from The Piggery and Crooked Carrot,
drink from Redbyrd Orchards, acoustic music from Toivo, games on the green and
farm tours. Come with friends, come make friends, come celebrate our
community!

Entry is free, food and drink sold separately.

Contact:Melissa <melissa AT thegoodlifefarm.org> OR (607) 351 3313

We are looking for some help putting this shindig on; most especially a Games
Master. Trades are available for this valuable service- please contact Melissa
if you are interested in helping out!

Email: melissa AT thegoodlifefarm.org
Phone: (607) 351 3313

Can't wait to see you all, so please come on out!

Best,
Melissa
On behalf of Garrett, Liz, Randy, Betsy, Pet, Leo, Reepicheap, Goose, Rogue,
ducks-geese-guineas-chickens-turkeys and microbes.

>Melissa Madden
>The Good Life Farm
>4017 Hickok Rd.
>Interlaken, NY 14847
>(607) 351 3313
>melissa AT thegoodlifefarm.org
>www.thegoodlifefarm.org

###
Earn your Permaculture Design Certificate
with the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org
###

[...]

Attached is our ad, designed by one Q Cassetti.  Thanks Q!  Please use it as needed… it can be printed at quarter page size.

--
Melissa Madden
The Good Life Farm

  • Good Life Farm's first Asparaganza! May 5, 2012, Michael Burns, 04/26/2012