fingerlakespermaculture - seeking logs for Mushroom Workshop

  • From: "patty love/Barefoot Permaculture" <patty AT barefootpermaculture.com>
  • To: <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: seeking logs for Mushroom Workshop
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 15:48:42 -0400

Hello, Forest Stewards.  I’m seeking some logs for a mushroom workshop that Steve Gabriel of Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute is coming up to teach at the Rochester Permaculture Center (near Genesee Valley Park) on May 13th.  We’d be glad to offer a scholarship spot in this class in return for the logs if that is helpful.  Alternatively, the log supplier could receive credit toward a different workshop offered at RPC or an equivalent plant/seed exchange.   We’re seeking:

 --a total of 40 logs -- Logs should be 3 - 8” in diameter and ~ 36” long

-- Species: Oak, Sugar Maple, American Beech, Ironwood

-- Cut less than 3 months before class date, BEFORE buds break on trees (late April, usually but likely sooner this year)

-- Bark on/minimal damage, no rot, branches trimmed flush

Please let me know at your earliest convenience, if you will be able to help.  Feel free to pass this request on to others.  Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Warmly,

patty love, MALS, PDC

Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture - owner

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

www.barefootpermaculture.com

Rochester Permaculture Center -
Program Director

www.rochesterpermaculturecenter.org

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

http://www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/

585.506.6505

PO Box 18212

Rochester, NY 14618

Please note:  I live a very full life, spending most of my time away from my computer and outdoors working or with my family and friends.  There may be times when I don't respond right away to your important email.  If you require my immediate attention, please call 585.506.6505.

"My life's purpose is gathering and sharing resources and information that regenerate my own and others' abundant existence and vibrant well-being." patty love

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."  ~ Albert Szent-Giorgi, Nobel Laureate

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" ~ Mary Oliver

  • seeking logs for Mushroom Workshop, patty love/Barefoot Permaculture, 03/17/2012