  • From: "Ithaca's Food Web" <ithacasfoodweb AT gmail.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject:
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 11:11:18 -0500

What's happening in food, farming, and cooking around Ithaca? Check out the latest calendar of events, via Ithaca's Food Web:
http://ithacasfoodweb.blogspot.com/2012/02/upcoming-food-farming-and-cooking.html

Have an event to add? Email me at ithacasfoodweb AT gmail.com

What is Ithaca's Food Web?
At its most basic, Ithaca's Food Web is a blog that features local news about local food, here in Ithaca, Tompkins County, and the Finger Lakes region. You can read about what’s happening in the local food scene -- from growing food to eating it, including all the complicated issues in between. But the site is much more than that. If you think about a food web -- a diagram that links living things based on who eats what -- it’s really all about those connections. And, if you follow those connections to the extreme, they link us with our neighbors -- farmers, activists, chefs, academics, and so on -- with people around the globe, with the bugs, rodents, and other living things in the field, and with the air, water, and land we depend on. Ithaca’s Food Web is about paying attention to those connections and learning how changes at one end of the food web ripple through and affect us all. Have something to share? I'd love to hear from you. Just email me at ithacasfoodweb AT gmail.com.

Plus, Ithaca's Food Web is now on Facebook! It's yet another way to stay connected to local food news.

Thanks, and happy growing, finding, buying, preserving, cooking, and eating!
-Alison
www.alisonfromme.com

  • [no subject], Ithaca's Food Web, 02/03/2012