fingerlakespermaculture - Permaculture For Renters seeks contributors

  • From: "Michael Burns" <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Permaculture For Renters seeks contributors
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:28:30 -0500

From: "Keith Morris" <earthsurfing AT yahoo.com>

Hi all,

In an effort to breathe new life into the fallow Permaculture for Renters blog
(www.permacultureforrenters.com), I'm putting out this Call for Contributors
who are interested in creating new content for the website.  Please see below
and please distribute widely if there are other listservs where you think this
would be relevant.

The Site

I launched the site in early 2009 and continued to blog regularly until
February 2010, when other ventures pulled my attention away.  Amazingly, even
after I stopped adding new content, website traffic has held steady at between
1000-1500 unique visitors per month, sometimes more.  In the last month alone,
there have been visitors from 66 countries, from the US to Croatia, Sri Lanka
to Trinidad.  And this is after almost two years without a new post!

The Opportunity

Contributing to the website is a great opportunity for established and newer
teachers/practitioners alike to reach a worldwide audience, hone their writing
and communication skills, and learn or develop new skills in internet
marketing, social media, etc.  If you have an existing blog or website,
regular guest contributing is a great way of directing new traffic to your
site and build your readership.

Beginning in February, I would like to have a team of 2-4 guest contributors
publishing roughly one short article each per week (500-1500 words).
 Contributors will have significant creative license to develop and explore
whatever subject matter they choose.

How to Apply

First, please familiarize yourself with the site
(www.permacultureforrenters.com) to see if it looks like a fit for you.

If you're still interested in becoming a contributing writer, please email the
following to leonard [at] barrettecological.com:

* A brief bio, including your background in permaculture and your
experience
(if any) with blogging or writing.
* Types of activities and projects you've been involved in that
qualify you
to write about applying permaculture to rental situations.
* One or two writing samples, preferably about applicable subject
matter
(permaculture, gardening, DIY projects, etc., unrelated writing is OK too.)
 Can be sent as links or attachments.

Thanks and best!

--
Leonard Barrett
President,

// site design and consulting for
regenerative human habitats //

www.barrettecological.com

office: 503.233.4337
cell: 503.425.9706
fax: 503.914.5588

###
Hi All,

Here's an opportunity to contribute to the P4R site.  Leonard's been doing some good work, originally from the northeast now working in the northwest:

[...]

Keith Morris
Prospect Rock Permaculture
Design and Education for Ecological Culture
[ProspectRock.org]
P.O. Box 426
Jeffersonville, VT 05464
Keith AT ProspectRock.org
(802) 734-1129
PRP_Logo.jpg
"If we do not do the impossible, we shall be faced with the unthinkable."
Murray Bookchin (1921-2006)

  • Permaculture For Renters seeks contributors, Michael Burns, 01/11/2012