fingerlakespermaculture - Rochester Permaculture Center Events

  • From: "patty love/Barefoot Permaculture" <patty AT barefootpermaculture.com>
  • To: <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Rochester Permaculture Center Events
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 14:13:49 -0500

Greetings, Rochester Permaculture Center Friends!  We want to let you know what we have scheduled so far for 2012.

Edible Forest Gardening In A Nutshell:  An Introduction This introductory course, led by Patty Love, takes place at the Rochester Permaculture Center on
Saturday, April 7, 2012 from 9am – 1 pmLearn to transform traditional lawn landscapes into abundant food-producing perennial forest gardensThe course fee is $45-60 sliding scale.

Edible Forest Garden Immersion SeriesThere is still time to sign up for our Edible Forest Garden
Intensive Workshops.  You can take just one or the whole series.  Led by Patty Love and friends, the weekend courses during February, April, and August take place in Rochester, NYEach course’s fee is $175-225 sliding scale and includes a garden-based lunch and dinner on Saturday.  (Note:  February’s food will not be from our garden this year.)

Permaculture Design CourseA limited number of spots are still open for our Four Seasons PDC.  Get certified in permaculture design through this thirteen day design certificate course with monthly sessions March 2012 – Feb 2013 right here in the Genesee Valley, led by Patty Love and friends.  Learn how to be the change you wish to see in the world.  Course fee is $900-1000 (sliding scale).

Free Events: We schedule a number of free events during the year to help introduce ourselves to new friends.  Please visit our free events webpage to stay updated.

Edible Mushroom Inoculation for Backyard Growers and Gardeners:  The time and course details are still being worked out but we’ve planned a full-day workshop for Sunday, May 13, 2012.  Guest teacher, Steve Gabriel, from Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute, returns to teach us this part science, part art project of edible mushroom growing!  Class size will be limited to 12 participants.  Course fee is $60-100 sliding scale.

RPC on Facebook: “Like” us and keep up to date this way, too.  Note, we’re still figuring out how to best utilize social media.

Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture:  Barefoot Edible Landscape and Permaculture is an edible landscaping and regenerative design firm.  We integrate humans into their environment by creating regenerative, ecologic, organic landscapes that are full of beauty and healthy food.  Our sustainable designs increase self-sufficiency, build nutrient- and life-rich soil, restore local ecosystem health, capture carbon from the atmosphere, and strengthen community resilience.  Contact us today to schedule a consultation for your home, business, farm, or workplace.

Building community is an integral part of what we do so please contact us with any questions you have.  We hope to see you soon.

Warmly,

patty love, Owner

Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

www.barefootpermaculture.com

Program Director
Rochester Permaculture Center

www.rochesterpermaculturecenter.org

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

http://www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/

585.506.6505

PO Box 18212

Rochester, NY 14618

My life's purpose is gathering and sharing resources and information that regenerate my own and others' abundant existence and vibrant well-being.

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."  ~ Albert Szent-Giorgi, Nobel Laureate

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" ~ Mary Oliver

  • Rochester Permaculture Center Events, patty love/Barefoot Permaculture, 01/08/2012