fingerlakespermaculture - Primitive Pursuits now enrolling for Winter & Spring

  • From: Sandra Repp <sjr37 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: tc-HSC-L AT cornell.edu, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org, Funschooling List <funschooling AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: hab76 AT cornell.edu
  • Subject: Primitive Pursuits now enrolling for Winter & Spring
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:49:19 -0500

Enrollment is now open for all Primitive Pursuits winter & spring programs!
Visit our web site at www.primitivepursuits.com for school break days, after-school programs, and more!
Call Primitive Pursuits at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County, 607-272-2292 x195 for more information.

WINTER EXPLORERS - FOR AGES 10-16
Boldly go places you've never gone before! Join us as we explore a different winter habitat each week around Tompkins County, and push our wilderness living skills in new directions. We'll bring along snowshoes, and hop on the Primitive Pursuits Express to practice tracking, forestry, navigation, storytelling and SURVIVAL!   You never knew winter could be so cool!

When: Thursdays, 9:00am - 1:30pm, Jan 12 - March 8 (no program 2/23)
Who: Ages 10-16
Where: Meet at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County, 615 Willow Avenue, for transportation by van to various natural areas around Ithaca.
Cost: $220-$350 (self-determined sliding scale)

WINTER TRACKS & TRAILS - FOR AGES 6-9
Explore and play where winter meets spring! Follow animal tracks in the newly fallen snow, build cozy shelters, warm yourself as you cook over a fire you made, and welcome the change of the season with songs and gratitude.

When: Thursdays, 9:30am - 1:30pm, Jan. 12 - March 8 (no program 2/23)
Who: Ages 6-9
Where: 4-H Acres, 418 Lower Creek Rd, Ithaca, NY
Cost: $175 - $250 (self-determined sliding scale)

YOUTH NATURE AWARENESS PROGRAM
SPRING SESSION - FOR AGES 6-15

"Ralph Waldo Emerson once asked what we would do if the stars only came out once every thousand years. No one would sleep that night, of course. Instead the stars come out every night, and we watch television." - Paul Hawken

Find out what it is like to be fully immersed in the woods: gather your own food, build fires with only sticks, and cozy up in a shelter of leaves. Come rain or cold, we'll enjoy the splendors and luxury of the woodland way.
YNAP presents the best of all that Primitive Pursuits has to offer – so come join us at our central fire and you'll never look at the world the same way again.
When: Thursdays, 9:00am - 1:30pm, March 15 - June 14 (no program 4/12)
Who: Ages 6-15
Where: 4-H Acres, 418 Lower Creek Rd, Ithaca, NY
Cost: $340 - $440 (self-determined sliding scale)

To register or for more information, contact Primitive Pursuits:
(607) 272-2292 x195
primitivepursuits AT cornell.edu
www.primitivepursuits.com

  • Primitive Pursuits now enrolling for Winter & Spring, Sandra Repp, 11/28/2011