fingerlakespermaculture - Local Business Gift Ideas for Gardeners, Permaculture, and Sustainability Enthusiasts

  • From: "patty love/Barefoot Permaculture" <patty AT barefootpermaculture.com>
  • To: <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Local Business Gift Ideas for Gardeners, Permaculture, and Sustainability Enthusiasts
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:33:00 -0500

Hello, Fellow Permies.  Please do pass this email on to anyone.  Thank you.

The unusually beautiful November weather belies the fact that the December holidays are only about five (5) weeks away.  As some of you begin considering your gift shopping list, I hope that you’re considering supporting local businesses.  I’m writing to share some special offers that I’m making to help you vote with your dollars for sustainability and in support of the local economy.  The dollars that you spend with me will cycle through the local economy many times, first with me, then through all of the local business that I support in my day to day living through my work and personal life.  I know that many of these business owners will do the same, sending your money around and around in the Greater Rochester Area.

Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture and Rochester Permaculture Center are both local businesses that strive to model and teach regenerative and sustainable practices.  For more information, you can visit each website.  To take advantage of any of these offers, please email me at patty AT barefootpermaculture.com.   Please note that the special prices offered here are available for purchases made through December 31, 2011.

Four Fabulous Gift Ideas and Special (Discounted) Offers:

1.  Books!  For the gardener in your family or maybe even as a gift to yourself:

*Gaia's Garden, Second Edition: A Guide To Home-Scale Permaculture by Toby Hemenway $20 ($30 retail/$30 my regular price)

*Perennial Vegetables: From Artichokes to Zuiki Taro, A Gardener's Guide to Over 100 Delicious and Easy to Grow Edibles by Eric Toensmeier  $25 ($35 retail/$30 my regular price)

*Edible Forest Gardens Volume One by Dave Jacke with Eric Toensmeier $50 ($75 retail, $55 my regular price)

*Edible Forest Gardens Volume Two by Dave Jacke with Eric Toensmeier $50 ($75 retail, $55 my regular price)

If you would like me to mail the book to you or the gift recipient, I will pass the postage on to you.

2.  Basic Information Exchange – a $100 value offered here for $75 for all appointments in the Greater Rochester Area held prior to March 31, 2012.  This two (2) hour educational meeting is helpful for landowners and renters who are interested in learning some very basic information about what permaculture, edible landscaping, and/or edible forest gardening are and how they can be applied to their particular site.  You can read the full description of this service here.  I will provide you with a beautiful gift certificate and envelope for your presentation to the gift recipient.

3.  Barefoot Bucks Gift Certificate – in any amount offered at 25% discount of the cash surrender value (e.g. $50 gift certificate for $37.50).  These gift certificates can be used toward the full/regular price of any book, workshop, or service from now until the end of 2012.  Next year’s class schedule will be released next week.

4.  Donation to Rochester Permaculture Center:  Make a donation to the Rochester Permaculture Center (RPC), a program of Seeking Common Ground, Inc.  RPC is dedicated to exploring, modeling, and inspiring more conscious, sustainable, and restorative ways of life through the application of permaculture and other regenerative design techniques and principles.  Consider making a donation of:

  • Monetary donation to be used to support our scholarship fund or any of the below items – we would like to be able to offer classes to everyone, regardless of ability to pay
  • Plant, tree or shrub (ask us for our wish list)
  • Book for our soon to be unveiled lending library (ask us for our wish list) – new or gently used
  • Tool (ask us for our wish list which includes a scythe, broadfork, pitchfork) - new or gently used

I will provide you with a beautiful gift certificate and envelope for your presentation to the gift recipient.  As a program of Seeking Common Ground, Inc., which is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit educational organization, your donation may be tax deductible – please check with your tax advisor.

Again, to take advantage of any of these offers, please email me at patty AT barefootpermaculture.com.  Thank you for considering supporting a local, truly sustainable, and small business.  Blessings for a joyous season of celebrations!

Warmly,

patty love, Owner

Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

www.barefootpermaculture.com

Program Director
Rochester Permaculture Center

www.rochesterpermacultureinstitute.org

patty AT barefootpermaculture.com

http://www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/

585.506.6505

PO Box 18212

Rochester, NY 14618

My life's purpose is gathering and sharing resources and information that regenerate my own and others' abundant existence and vibrant well-being.

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."  ~ Albert Szent-Giorgi, Nobel Laureate

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" ~ Mary Oliver