fingerlakespermaculture - Fwd: [ShareTompkins] Share Tompkins Open House!

  • From: Shira Golding <shiragolding AT gmail.com>
  • To: Sustainability in Tompkins County <sustainable_tompkins-l AT list.cornell.edu>, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org, TC-HSC-L AT cornell.edu
  • Subject: Fwd: [ShareTompkins] Share Tompkins Open House!
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 12:39:12 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ari Evergreen <arimoore AT gmail.com>
Date: November 9, 2011 12:26:56 PM EST
Subject: [ShareTompkins] Share Tompkins Open House!

Dear everybody,

Below, you'll find info about an upcoming event that some of us Share Tompkins folks are organizing - a Share Tompkins open house at the Workers' Center. Back when we had our visioning meeting a while ago, everyone felt it was important to take what we've learned to the next level, and this is part of that effort.

If you've been an active participant in swapping and sharing and accessing free and low-cost resources, please come and share your knowledge and experiences - we're hoping that this will be a nice meet and greet for experienced sharers and folks who are newer to the concept.

With this class, we want to share what we've learned, increase access to resources, and help to transcend the digital divide... so every poster we hang will make a big difference. Here's a link where you can download a poster to print and email to folks:
http://bit.ly/vZeyxW
... please consider hanging one up at your nearest grocery, barber shop, nail salon, or cafe, or at your workplace or coop... or just forward this email, or tell a friend (or better yet, bring one!). Thank you so much in advance for any help getting the word out.

Thanks and peace,
Ari

--
Ari Moore Evergreen - ari AT shirari.com
http://shirari.com

"When individuals join in a cooperative venture, the power generated far exceeds what they could have accomplished acting individually."
- Buckminster Fuller

--

=======================
I’ve got something you want:

On
Saturday, November 19th, 2-4pm, join us at the Worker’s Center for an open house / Ithaca Freeskool class all about Share Tompkins!

Share Tompkins (a local mutual aid network formed in May 2009) wants to share what we’ve learned so far! Come talk with us about free local resources, how to trade goods and services equitably, and how bartering can help us save money and make connections.

Hosted by Tompkins County Workers’ Center, 115 MLK St., above Autumn Leaves on the Commons.

Facilitators: Marina, Danny and Ari – ari AT shirari.com, 607.821.0654

More info:
http://sharetompkins.wordpress.com

This class is a free Ithaca Freeskool class!
http://ithacafreeskool.wordpress.com/

Click here to RSVP on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197900600285373