fingerlakespermaculture - Boricua Afro Americano Parade & Festival - Volunteers Needed

  • From: Liz Falk <erf59 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: g4h_core AT googlegroups.com, g4h_volunteers AT googlegroups.com, tc-hsc-l AT cornell.edu, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Boricua Afro Americano Parade & Festival - Volunteers Needed
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 14:01:24 -0400

The FIRST Ithaca Boricua Afro Americano Parade & Festival NEEDS YOUR VOLUNTEER HELP

Saturday July 30th -
12 volunteers needed. 8am-10am.

Set-up in the morning, on the Commons at 8am.

You can email me @ efalk AT cornell.edu or call Ana Ortiz, the event's organizer, at 585-410-9815.

More on the Festival:

Puerto Rican Festival & Parade

No More Tears ( No Mas Lagrimas) cordially invites you to the Boricua Afro Americano Parade Festival, a family-friendly and fun-filled day celebrating Puerto Rican culture! This year's Festival will focus on our children. To reach our young ones and wipe away some tears. We want to make all parents and their children aware of local support systems and resources.

Event includes: * "La Pequena Princesa of Ithaca" Pageant * Open Mic" * "Mayor of Ithaca Candidates Forum" * Information Resources and Activities For The Youth * Live Performances * Fun Facts About Puerto Rico * Salsa Dancing & Bachata * Puerto Rican Music: Hip Hop, Reggaeton, Salsa...etc * Puerto Rican Merchandise * A variety of Puerto Rican & Local Foods Will Be Available For Sale!

Organized by No More Tears/ No Mas Lagrimas, an organization founded by Natural Leaders Initiative graduate Ana Ortiz.

---------
Liz Falk
Education and Outreach
Compost and Gardens
Cornell Cooperative Extension Tompkins County
607.272.2292 ext 268

  • Boricua Afro Americano Parade & Festival - Volunteers Needed, Liz Falk, 07/19/2011