fingerlakespermaculture - Northeast Food: It Takes a Region Conference, Nov 11-12, 2011

  • From: Michael Burns <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Northeast Food: It Takes a Region Conference, Nov 11-12, 2011
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 12:03:58 -0400

~ Please circulate widely ~

IT TAKES A REGION - 2011:

A CONFERENCE TO BUILD OUR NORTHEAST FOOD SYSTEM

WHEN: November 11-12, 2011, with pre-conference trainings on November 10

WHERE: Desmond Hotel and Conference Center, Albany, New York

This year, NESAWG and partners will draw on the success of our 2009 & 2010 "It Takes a Region" conferences. Once again, we'll look at exciting efforts underway in our region. We'll hear and build from the work groups--including distribution logistics, research, messaging, access & nutrition, and policy advocacy (how do we influence the 2012 Farm Bill?). We will welcome new participants--especially emerging food system leaders and community activists. We'll be addressing pressing issues such as food system worker equity and growing biomass versus food. We’ll continue to explore scale, size, geography and cross-sector partnerships. Watch for new features and networking opportunities.

Be a conference sponsor: sponsor funds go toward scholarships so everyone can participate. Contact Kathy for more information.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!

Visit http://www.ittakesaregion.org or email Kathy Ruhf, NESAWG coordinator.

Kathryn Z. Ruhf
P.O. Box 11
Belchertown, MA 01007
phone/fax 413-323-9878
cell 608-212-9178
kzruhf AT verizon.net

Coordinator
Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Working Group
nesawg AT nesawg.org
www.nefood.org

http://FLXpermaculture.Net
regional regenerative resources

  • Northeast Food: It Takes a Region Conference, Nov 11-12, 2011, Michael Burns, 04/22/2011