fingerlakespermaculture - Sapsquatch Fundraiser and Houseparty 2/12 @8pm

  • From: Joshua Dolan <sapsquatch7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Sapsquatch Fundraiser and Houseparty 2/12 @8pm
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 14:32:52 -0500

Hey Folks, I'm excited to share this fun event with you in the hopes
that you will come out in the dead of winter to celebrate community
and maple syrup. When Sapsquatch started in 2007, there were two
roads I could have taken; the capitalist model, taking out a loan and
going into debt to the bank, or the cooperative community model. I
chose the second rout, and greatly indebted to all of you from the
community who have helped to make and shape my vision and create the
reality that is Sapsquatch.

We'll be kicking off the 2011 sugaring season in grand style on
February 12 beginning at 8pm at the Gnome Collective, 111 Monroe St.
in downtown Ithaca. Two up and coming bands will face off beginning
At 9pm with rocking country tunes of Horse&Chariot then continuing
into the night with the oldtimey punk rockers Hee Haw Nightmare. We
will sample the last of the last syrup of 2010 over pancakes,
raffling off fun prizes and selling sapsquatch T-Shirts. CSS
(Community Supported Sugaring) shares will also be available for
purchase. Any sales will help us get off to a good start this season.
You can check it out at Sapsquatch pure maple syrup on Facebook or
friend me. (I just got on this week and already have 130 friends!)

Continue the fun on Sunday the 13th with the next Sapsquatch community
work day from 1pm until 5pm at 2247 Mecklenburg Rd. The last cleaning
projects will be completed as we grow closer to tapping day. And did
I mention epic sledding conditions? So come out and show your
support!

Josh Dolan
Founder, Sapsquatch Pure Maple Syrup

  • Sapsquatch Fundraiser and Houseparty 2/12 @8pm, Joshua Dolan, 02/03/2011