fingerlakespermaculture - IthacaPlantCycle- a new Yahoo Group for sharing plants & information

  • From: Sandra Repp <sjr37 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: sustainable_tompkins-l AT list.cornell.edu, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: IthacaPlantCycle- a new Yahoo Group for sharing plants & information
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 11:13:37 -0500

There is a new Yahoo group for local gardeners who want to share plants and plant information:  IthacaPlantCycle.

IthacaPlantCycle is a grassroots community-based effort to distribute plants, food and plant knowledge in our community. The IthacaPlantcycle model and inspiration comes from Freecycle (if you aren't a member, and want to be, google Ithacafreecycle), and we hereby formally acknowledge the role of Freecycle in Plantcycle's inception.

Plantcycle follows a similar protocol to Freecycle, although there are differences. Categories can include the following:

Wanted:

* Plants
* Produce
* Tools/Equipment
* Advice

Offered:

* Plants
* Produce
* Tools/Equipment
* Advice/Alerts

Taken:
* Plants
* Produce
* Tools/Equipment

All plants must be disease-free, and if grown with chemicals that are not organic, such chemicals must be stated in the communication.