fingerlakespermaculture - Announcing the Northeast Permaculture Seed Bank

  • From: burns <burns AT panix.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: upstatenypermaculture AT googlegroups.com
  • Subject: Announcing the Northeast Permaculture Seed Bank
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 10:36:43 -0400

From: Aaron Parker <rustic_live AT yahoo.com>

http://nepermacultureseedbank.wordpress.com/

I just launched this project, so it is just in its infant stage (just a seedling if you will), but i hope it will quickly expand and grow. Even if its not a project you would like to participate in please pass along the link if you know of people or groups of people who might like to make use of the seed bank.

Mission:
The North-East Permaculture Seed Bank seeks to make plant varieties useful to sustainable alternative agriculture more accessible to anyone who wishes to grow them. It also seeks to popularize (or re- popularize) new or unusual plant varieties.

How it Works:
I keep a collection of seeds at my house and keep a running tally of available seeds on the this page (see above). People donate seeds (by mail) or money (by mail or paypal) in order in gain access to other seeds in the bank, when you make a donation be sure to let me know your email address so i could keep track of how much credit any you have to use, then when you want to make a seed request send me an email from that address.

http://flxpermaculture.net

  • Announcing the Northeast Permaculture Seed Bank, burns, 10/09/2010