fingerlakespermaculture - Community Permaculture Garden 10/10/10 Ithaca, NY

  • From: burns <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Community Permaculture Garden 10/10/10 Ithaca, NY
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 21:00:03 -0400

From 350.org:

Community Permaculture Garden
10 October 2010 - 9:00am - 5:30pm

We are preparing the site for planting a community garden of vegetables and fruits that will sequester carbon, empower citizens, and increase access to healthy, nutritious foods and increase food security in the neighborhood. We're working with Gardens4Humanity to create this new community garden at Chestnut Hill Apts. on the West Hill of Ithaca.

Below you can find a (legal-sized) flier for the event. Please feel free to print it out and share as you see fit. Also, there's a t-shirt design you can print on iron-on transfer paper to make your own t- shirt to wear to the event.

We'll be working all day, but volunteers can come for as long or as little as they can manage. See you there!

Event Website: http://tinyurl.com/2wznzdx

How to Get Involved Planning the Event: Email me at wendybabiak AT gmail.com .

Event Host: Gardens4Humanity (G4H) is a community-driven organization that promotes economic, personal, and neighborhood empowerment through urban gardening and local farm connections. http://ccetompkins.org/community/whole-community-project/gardens-4-humanity

http://flxpermaculture.net

  • Community Permaculture Garden 10/10/10 Ithaca, NY, burns, 10/05/2010