fingerlakespermaculture - Meeting on future of West Hill area of Ithaca:Thurs 6/17 7pm

  • From: "Michael Burns" <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Meeting on future of West Hill area of Ithaca:Thurs 6/17 7pm
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 09:17:09 -0400

Ithaca West Hill Community
http://iwhcommunity.org

The Town of Ithaca Comprehensive Plan Committee
Invites you and your neighbors to:

*A West Hill Area Meeting*

*7:00 p.m.**, Thursday, June 17, 2010*

*Linderman** Creek Community Building***

*201 Cypress Court** (off Conifer Drive)*

*Ithaca**, NY***

To Discuss and Share Suggestions
On Future Development and Neighborhood Issues
for the West Hill Area

Including Pedestrian & Bicyclist Safety,
Traffic Issues, Pending Development
on West Hill, Open Space Preservation,
Trail Development, Concept of a
Development Node around the Medical Center, etc.

Please invite your neighbors.

Ithaca West Hill Community
http://iwhcommunity.org

Hello Steve and Michael,

I'm sending this along to you just in case any permaculture people are interested in the future of the West HIll.  Neighbors and I have been fighting the proposed massive developments here for a couple of years.  I personally think that the fertile land on the West Hill (the West Hill was all orchards and farmland at one time) should be zoned for agriculture use.  Some of the ag-zoned land is being rezoned to residential to allow construction of the massive anti-community developments.  I would love to see your perspective given at this meeting--and I'll even invite you and your partners to dinner!  I'm about a mile from Linderman.  Announcement below.

Thanks,

Pat

Ithaca Science and Grant Writing
pduttster.googlepages.com
Ithaca West Hill Community

7:00 p.m., Thursday, June 17, 2010

Linderman Creek Community Building

201 Cypress Court (off Conifer Drive)

Ithaca, NY

To Discuss and Share Suggestions

On Future Development and Neighborhood Issues for the West Hill Area

Including Pedestrian & Bicyclist Safety, Traffic Issues, Pending Development on West Hill, Open Space Preservation, Trail Development, Concept of a Development Node around the Medical Center, etc.

Please invite your neighbors.

  • Meeting on future of West Hill area of Ithaca:Thurs 6/17 7pm, Michael Burns, 06/14/2010