corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Paul and the Aeropagus

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mark D. Nanos" <mark AT marknanos.com>
  • To: Corpus Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Paul and the Aeropagus
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 07:11:43 -0500

I also suggest Segal, and these works I recently found helpful.

Baumgarten, Albert I. The Flourishing of Jewish Sects in the Maccabean Era:
An Interpretation. Supplements to the Journal for the Study of Judaism 55.
Leiden and New York: Brill, 1997.

Setzer, Claudia. Resurrection of the Body in Early Judaism and Early
Christianity: Doctrine, Community, and Self-definition. Boston: Brill
Academic Publishers, 2004.

Setzer, Claudia, "'Talking their Way into Empire': Jews, Christians and
Pagans Debate Resurrection of the Body," pages 155-75 in Ancient Judaism in
its Hellenistic Context, ed. Carol Bakhos, Brill, 2005.

Jon D. Levenson, Resurrection and the Restoration of Israel: The Ultimate
Victory of the God of Life, Yale University Press, 2006.

Best,
Mark
--
Mark D. Nanos, Ph.D.
Soebbing Visiting Scholar, Rockhurst University