corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Letters of recommendation and the tricky genitive

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Runar M. Thorsteinsson" <runar.thorsteinsson AT teol.lu.se>
  • To: "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Letters of recommendation and the tricky genitive
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:31:47 +0200

Chris,

on letters of recommendation / introduction / mediation:

Stanley K. Stowers, Letter Writing in Greco-Roman Antiquity (LEC 5; Philadelphia: Westminster, 1986), pp. 153-165. On p. 165 Stowers includes a useful list of primary examples.

Hans-Josef Klauck, Die antike Briefliteratur und das Neue Testament (UTB 2022; Paderborn: Schöningh, 1998), pp. 75-79, with further references.

Best wishes,
Runar

-------
Runar M. Thorsteinsson, Ph.D.

Centre for Theology and Religious Studies
Lund University, Sweden