corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] relation between eschatology & word/flesh?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Rachel Price <rlp4 AT duke.edu>
  • To: corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] relation between eschatology & word/flesh?
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 09:42:50 -0400

Dear Corpus Paulinum:

A question from a totally religiously-uninformed literature grad student: I work on 19th and 20th century literatures from the trans- Atlantic (Spanish Portuguese and English). I would like bibliographic suggestions for any works, if they exist, that address the connections between Pauline eschatology and Pauline theories of the relation between word and flesh. I ask because I focus on Europe's relation to and colonization of the Americas, which, North and South, was very much influenced by Pauline eschatology; at the same time, the commodity culture and [my focus] 'concrete poetry' developed in the region depended on to a secular notion of the "word made flesh".

Are you aware of any work that treats the relationship-- if any-- between Paul's notion of temporality and his notion of materiality/ the relation between language and thing?

Many thanks in advance for any leads.

Best,

Rachel Price
Duke University