corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] Scholars who deny a Pauline divine-Christology

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: christilling AT ukonline.co.uk
  • To: Corpus-Paul AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] Scholars who deny a Pauline divine-Christology
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 14:50:24 +0100

Dear All,

Firstly, many thanks for all who contribute here and make for some
interesting
and entertaining reading. I am one of the silent listeners - I read but make
no contribution myself. Perhaps things will/should change!

I'm a doctoral research student working in the field of Pauline Christology.
At the moment I'm writing my history-of-research and am gathering together a
list of more modern (i.e. publishing in the last 20 to 30 years) scholars who
deny a Pauline divine-Christology. (By 'divine-Christology' I mean a
Christology that places the risen Lord 'on the divine side of the line that
monotheism must draw between God and creatures' - to quote Richard Bauckham).
At the moment I am working through the works of the following:

1) of course, James Dunn
2) Maurice Casey
3) Marinus de Jonge and
4) Anthony Harvey

My simple question is: can anyone think of other scholars (denying a Pauline
divine-Christology) who have made contributions to this debate in the last 20
to 30 years? And, of course, if anyone here has any comments to make
concerning Paul's alleged divine-Christology, I would love to get involved in
a discussion ...

Many thanks for any help.

Chris Tilling

Chris and Anja Tilling