corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] Re: Paul and the Gentile Women

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: MillerJimE AT aol.com
  • To: corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] Re: Paul and the Gentile Women
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 18:07:21 EDT

   Has Tatha Wiley, Paul and the Gentile Women been discussed on this list?  If it has, somehow I missed it.  This is a monograph on Galatians which reads the book as recognizing the full status of women and Gentiles in the church.  I found the list of quotes from "contemporary scholarship" on pp. 108-109 rather compelling, but I wonder how recent these quotes are.  Does anyone who has looked at this book recognize any of these quotes?   I have long been bothered by the male orientation of scholarly discussions on circumcision in the church, but this is the first frontal assault I have seen on this bias.
Jim Miller