corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Judgment for the righteous?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Sidney L. Davis, Jr." <sidneydavis AT verizon.net>
  • To: "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Judgment for the righteous?
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 07:24:52 -0400

The judgment referenced in the texts supplied by Esler seem to be used to
portray a judgment between the righteous and the wicked. The "wicked" are
never portrayed or mentioned in these texts. It speaks of judgment between
brother and brother, a judgment between good works and bad works, and the
judgemnt of the self before God. What ideas of judgment appear here? Is
there a point of reference spoken to? It it possible these ideas are wholly
to be understood within the framework of Judaism or the judaism of that
time?

Sidney Davis
MAJS student
Hebrew College