corpus-paul - RE: [Corpus-Paul] Word Frequency in the Paulines

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Rick Hubbard" <rhubbard AT midmaine.com>
  • To: "Corpus-Paul" <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Corpus-Paul] Word Frequency in the Paulines
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 20:10:36 -0400

Greetings Peter:

Peter, have you read Anthony Kenny's _A Stylometric Study of the New
Testament_ (Clarendon Press, 1985)? He has some very helpful information
there regarding statistical methodology and the GNT. Also, Lloyd Gaston,
_Horae Synopticae Electronicae_ (Missoula, MT: Scholars Press, 1973) uses
some potentially helpful methodology.

If you are sincerely interested in doing statistical analysis, I have the
entire NA27 text, fully tagged parsed, available in an MS Access database.
I'd be happy to share the Pauline portion of it with you. Contact me
off-list.

You can probably get some assistance with writing the VBA code for doing the
statistical analysis from http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/ (These
guys are really good, but a little grouchy sometimes, so tread lightly with
your questions).

Rick Hubbard
Humble Maine Woodsman