corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Rabbi Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Rabbi Paul
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:12:23 -0400

At 11:50 AM 7/1/04 -0700, you wrote:

>Somehow I have a feeling this book will have about as
>much merit as Rabbi Jesus. Not much.

I read his book on Jesus and its right good story telling (in the thoroughly
southern sense of the phrase, i.e., its pure imagination). I will probably
read his Paul book too though because everyone likes a good story. But I
won't take it seriously as history because Chilton has already demonstrated
that his imagination always take precedence over historical interests.

Jim

Dr Jim West
Pastor, Petros Baptist Church

"Worinn ich üch gedienen kan, hyssend; wil ich alle zyt gehorsam syn"-
Huldrych Zwingli (ZW 4,389).

  • [Corpus-Paul] Rabbi Paul, Loren Rosson, 07/01/2004
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [Corpus-Paul] Rabbi Paul, Jim West, 07/01/2004