corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Jesus' Eschatological/Participatory Death

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: iscott2 AT uwo.ca
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Jesus' Eschatological/Participatory Death
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 09:34:54 -0400

Loren, you wrote:

> If the Greco-Roman philosophers and
> Maccabean martyrs are "not there", then how do you
> address all of the parallels I outlined at the start
> of this thread?

I did not really catch the specific parallels which you outlined. What I
remember is more general statements about there *being* parallels, but this
may
be a slip in my memory at a busy time of year. Would you be able to provide
some specific examples of parallels in this literature with the kind of
identification-bringing-eschatological-transfer which we see in Paul?

Thanks,

Ian.

Ian W. Scott
Lecturer in Religious Studies
King's University College (at the University of Western Ontario)
email: iscott2 AT uwo.ca
Please visit my web-site at http://www.ian-w-scott.com