corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] RE: Active Jewish Pauline scholars

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Richard H. Anderson" <randerson58 AT comcast.net>
  • To: <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] RE: Active Jewish Pauline scholars
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:19:18 -0500

Noel,

>Since Paul said "I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a
member
of the tribe of Benjamin" (Rom 11:1) and that he was "circumcised on the
eighth day, a member of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a
Hebrew born of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee" (Phil 3:4), I would like
to draw up a list of active Jewish Pauline scholars, from all parts of the
world. Thus I would appreciate suggestions.<

I suggest:

Daniel Boyarin, A Radical Jew, Paul and the Politics of Identity

Richard H. Anderson