corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Gal 5:12

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Gal 5:12
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 19:14:03 -0500

At 05:45 PM 1/1/04 -0600, you wrote:

>Regarding the curse material -- I had to leave the discussion (from the
>dissertation) of the curse material in Galatians out in order to ever
>complete the recently published book. Some of the material on how cursing
>functioned in the "divine judicial system" of central Anatolian popular
>religiosity is there, however.

Your book sounded interesting so I looked it up on Amazon-
Cutting Too Close for Comfort: Paul's Letter to the Galatians in Its
Anatolian Cultic Context- by Susan Elliott, Sheffield Academic Press -
List Price: $130.00

Any chance it will be out in paperback some day?

Jim

Dr Jim West
Pastor, Petros Baptist Church
http://biblical-studies.org -- Biblical Studies Resources
http://biblical-studies.blogspot.com --- Biblical Theology Weblog

Bad exegesis is no less worse than bad conduct.
Tertullian, On Purity