corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Romans 14:14

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: AF3506 AT aol.com
  • To: corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Romans 14:14
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 21:31:43 EDT

In a message dated 10/3/2003 2:05:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tmcos AT canada.com writes:

Sheila, I think the context of this passage is dealing
with dietary issues and not people per se, hence the
emphasis on "eating" (Rom.14:15-17) Best regards,
Tony Costa, M.A.

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:47:59 -0400, "Sheila E. McGinn,
Ph.D." wrote:

> The following is a query from an interested party who
> has not yet been able
> to subscribe to the list. RSVP and I will convey your
> remarks to him.
> Thanks. Sheila McGinn

It's true the main topic of this chapter is food, but I don't think that negates the possibility that Rom. 14:14 could be referring to not treating others as common. Actually, I wasn't looking for an interpretation of verse 14 per se (though I don't mind interpretations being offered). My question is a whether the Greek grammar rules out my interpretation. My knowledge of Greek is poor, so I'm hoping someone who knows Greek better than I do can answer my question.

Albert