corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Commentaries on the Pastorals

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Frank W. Hughes" <fwhughes AT sunbeach.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Commentaries on the Pastorals
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:18:13 -0400

I haven't yet seen Raymond Collins' commentary but can only anticipate that it will be a brilliant contribution. By the way, I have been using Dibelius/Conzelmann (note the correct spelling of Conzelmann) for years and have found it a very valuable book both to use and to recommend to students. I don't see any virtue in never looking at it again. I also admire William Mounce's commentary very much and think he has made as strong a case as possible against pseudonmity. I think Norbert Brox's commentary in the Regensburger Neues Testament series is excellent; I have also learned much from his monograph on pseudonymity.

Frank W. Hughes
Lecturer in New Testament
Codrington College
Barbados

plstepp AT juno.com wrote:

Something wonderful has come to pass with the publication of Marshall,
Mounce, Raymond Collins, and Luke Johnson: English-speaking students will
never need to look at Dibelius/Conzlemann again!