corpus-paul - Epaphras vs. Epaphraditus

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Ntsearcher AT aol.com
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Epaphras vs. Epaphraditus
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 02:45:11 EST

I am wanting to know if any scholars believe that Ephaphras and Epaphraditus
are the same men.

I have been told that the names are the Greek and Latin versions of the same
name. We find both in Rome with Paul. It has been suggested that this man was
from Colossea, went to see Paul in Rome and on his way stopped by Philipi.
They gave him a gift to hand to Paul and he got sick on the way.

I would like to know if this is a POSSIBILITY and if there are any scholars
who believe this. Further, is there any scholarship that makes it impossible.

thanks,
Frank

  • Epaphras vs. Epaphraditus, Ntsearcher, 10/31/2002