corpus-paul - 1 Corinthian 10 - 11

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Oleh Pravets" <pravetso AT hotmail.com>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: 1 Corinthian 10 - 11
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:22:26 +0300

  Dear Michel Tompson,
I'm working on I Corinthian 10- 11
That is about Paul's understanding of Lord's Supper.
Actually, the main thing I'm interested in is to get an emage of Paul's
understanding of the Eucharist in 1Corinthian's. And the the corelationship between the comunity and the Eucharist. What is the role of Church
Community in that. What does he mean speaking about the discerning of the body? Does he think in a categories of Sacraments as Catholics used to think or in categories of eucharistic ecclesiology as one Orthodox scolar Afanasiev thinks. According to him Eucharistt was a main sours of comunity and that to  abuse the members of comunity is to abuse the Eucharist which can lead to a sickness or even death. Than Paul teaches us to discern the body for who eats the bread and drinks the cup and isn't discerning the body he eats and drinks a judgement for himself. Now, I'm asking you to help with understending the word " soma" For in I Corinthian's Paul speaks about the church in terms of ' sommah' and about the communion in the vevry same term. Is that "Body " as community or he means Eucharistic body or maybe he means both of them, hence there is not Eucharist without the comunity and vice versa. That understanding I also thingk can be seen in I Corinthian 10 when he tolks about one cup and one loaf as a garanty and as a emage or sybol of One Curch.
 What kind of Bibliography would you suggest?
If you have any thoughts about that please share with me.
Thamk you!
             Oleh from Ukrainre.