corpus-paul - The Mystery of Romans: the theme of restoration of Israel

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "moon-ryul jung" <moon AT sogang.ac.kr>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: The Mystery of Romans: the theme of restoration of Israel
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 10:52:02 -0500

One of the themes of the book "The Mystery of Romans"
written by Mark Nanos seems to be the restoration of Israel.
But I wonder what he means by the "restoration of Israel".
Let me quote some lines from the book.

"He (Paul) set about the task of restoring Israel represented
in the Diaspora city of Rom", p. 242.
"This salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles; they will
ALSO listen.", p. 242.
"The gospel for Paul could not be separated from his personal
apostolic mission from "Zion" to restore the dispersed of Israel
and bring light to the nations", p. 246.

What would he mean by "the restoration of Israel" and "this
salvation of God"? If my memory is correct, he does not believe
that it means "salvation from sin" as it is
understood in Protestant and Catholic traditions.

Moon Ryul Jung
Sogang Univ, Seoul, Korea

  • The Mystery of Romans: the theme of restoration of Israel, moon-ryul jung, 01/01/2002