corpus-paul - Re: the role of the law in salvation-history

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Michael Abernathy" <mabernat AT cub.kcnet.org>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: the role of the law in salvation-history
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 13:42:43 -0700

I think I take a different slant on Galatians 3:10. As I understand Paul,
the whole law pointed to Jesus and was fulfilled in Jesus. Thus, the only
way one could genuinely follow the whole law would be to accept Christ's
work on their behalf. By this reasoning, anyone who tried to be righteous
by following the law violates the totality of the law. That sounds rather
convoluted but I believe the reasoning is sound.
Sincerely yours,
Michael Abernathy
mabernat AT cub.kcnet.org