corpus-paul - Re: Paul a Pharisee?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Loren Rosson <rossoiii AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul a Pharisee?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 04:15:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hyam,

Thanks for the data regarding Shammaites vs
Hillelites. I will look into their differences (and
similarities) more closely and for now will concede
that a "Shammaite Saul" does not resolve the problems
of Acts 5 as much as I thought it did.

But by the way...

>Both Hillelites and Shammaites agreed that
>faith-healing on the Sabbath was permitted.

Even in non-emergency situations?

Loren Rosson III
Nashua NH
rossoiii AT yahoo.com