corpus-paul - Re: corpus-paul digest: August 17, 2001

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Noel & Mary Fitzpatrick" <njfitzpatrick AT eircom.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: corpus-paul digest: August 17, 2001
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 20:50:02 +0100

I read with amazement the e-mail I received today:

CORPUS-PAUL Digest for Friday, August 17, 2001.

with contributions:

1. Re: Ignatius and all that! (Part One)
2. Re: Ignatius and all that! (Part Two)

I then did a word search for 'Paul' and did not find the word in either
Part One or Part Two.

I followed that with a word search for 'Ignatius' and found the word in
the last sentence of Part Two.

"Others sought quite different goals and that's the sense in read
into St. Ignatius and the horrendous pragmatism of the episkopoi
of Rome."

I do not know what the sentence or the contributions mean and

their relevance to the "corpus-paul" list.

Were the contributions intended as anti-Catholic or anti-Moslem
diatribes?

Regards,

Noel J Fitzpatrick.
Noel Fitzpatrick