corpus-paul - wild beasts

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Ntsearcher AT aol.com
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: wild beasts
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 06:53:04 EDT

I've yet to read a satisfying interpretation of Paul's word: "I fought with
wild beasts in Ephesus." Anyone have an insight into that?

Also, it appears that Priscilla and Aquila risked their necks for Paul in
Ephesus. I've heard some say that they were the beach head for the newly
founded church in Rome, Paul sending them there (as he did to Ephesus
previous) to spearhead the new church.

Claudius had died and the ban was lifted around A.D. 54. The idea is that
they went to Rome near the lifting of the ban thus risking their lives.

Any thoughts on that theory? Or better ones that fit the story?

Frank A.
Tampa, FL