corpus-paul - Letter to the Laodiceans

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Karl Schmidtke <karlschmidtke_1999 AT yahoo.de>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Letter to the Laodiceans
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:07:24 +0200 (CEST)

Greetings,

With apologies for my enforced absence due to illness
and thanks to those who prayed.

Many Latin versions of the Corpus Paulinum included
fifteen letters, the fourteen standard ones and a
letter to the Laodiceans. I have been re-reading the
Greek version of Harnack (Marcion, 134*ff) and am
wondering whether it may somehow contain an authentic
substratum:

a) APEKDECOMENOI THN EPAGGELIAN EIS HMERAN KRISEWS
(v3)
Here is an expression which neatly summarises a key
point in Paul's theology without imitating any known
Pauline text.

b) NUN FANEROI OI DESMOI MOU OUS UPOMENW EN CRISTW
(v6)
Here we have a characteristically Pauline thought:
imprisonment and suffering is endured as
identification with Christ, but again the language is
not imitative of a Pauline text.

There are, I think, more examples as well.

Karl

=====
Karl Heinz Schmidtke
Pfarrerhaus