corpus-paul - The decree of Acts 15:19-20

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Loren Rosson <rossoiii AT yahoo.com>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: The decree of Acts 15:19-20
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 03:33:44 -0700 (PDT)

Jim Miller wrote:

> I would like to see some more speculation on why
> Acts does not have Paul’s response to the decree
> of Acts 15.

My conviction is that Paul agreed with the decree of
Acts 15 -- or something like it, as evidenced in Rom.
14:1-15:6. Luke does not report “Paul’s response to
the decree”, as you say, because Paul had no
dissenting response to give. He agreed that the decree
was a fair compromise, and he and Barnabus agreed to
take it back to Antioch. (Note that I take Acts
15:1-20 as describing a later meeting than the one in
Gal. 2:1-10.) But I’d like to hear what others have to
say about this.

Loren Rosson III,
Nashua NH
rossoiii AT yahoo.com