corpus-paul - RE: Galatian situation

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mark D. Nanos" <nanos AT gvi.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Galatian situation
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:29:33 -0500

Certain individuals (the
influencers in Galatia, some Christian Pharisees in
Judea if we can believe Acts 15:1-5 -- but not any of
the apostles to be sure, on this I agree with you and
Mark) were evidently of the mind that Gentiles should
submit to being circumcised, and if the decision of
Acts 15:19-20 had been reached, why on earth would
Paul not have cited it?

Loren Rosson III,

Loren,
I think this is a good question. What do others think?

Regards,
Mark Nanos