corpus-paul - Re: Stendahl and "two-covenant" interpretations of Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Mark D. Nanos" <nanos AT gvi.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Stendahl and "two-covenant" interpretations of Paul
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 16:35:20 -0500

I would like to add to Terry Donaldson's note that Stendahl has also stated his dissociation from this view in a session on Romans at the '98 SBL annual meeting. One point he made there about this was that he had refrained from engaging this common but mistaken notion about his view at length because he did not have an alternative view to articulate, since the traditional triumphalist interpretation was also not acceptable to him. At least that is how I understood his comment.

Regards,
Mark Nanos