corpus-paul - Re: how old was he

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: John Smith <j_l_smithy AT yahoo.com.au>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: how old was he
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 06:57:23 +1000 (EST)

There has always been a fringe element which has
doubted that Paul ever died. I discussed some of the
patristic and medieval examples in my dissertation
("God of the Living: Paul's escape from the last enemy
in early Christian Thought", Monash University, 1986).
Unfortunately this has not yet been published, as no
publisher thought it was a contemporary issue!! I'd be
amazed if anyone was advocating this position today.

Nevertheless, it was once an important strand in the
interpretation of Paul.

If anyone wants a copy of my dissertation do contact
me off-list and I could arrange for copies.

Suddenly relevant!

John

=====
J.L. Smith
Director
Indiginata Theological Consultancy, Inc.
PO BOX 316
Melbourne, 3000.

http://geocities.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Australia & NZ GeoCities
- Build your own Web Site - for free!