corpus-paul - Re: The treatment of "dying to the Law" in the Mystery of Romans by Nanos

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "moon-ryul jung" <moon AT saint.soongsil.ac.kr>
  • To: corpus-paul
  • Subject: Re: The treatment of "dying to the Law" in the Mystery of Romans by Nanos
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 21:11:19

Mark,

All comments you said about my proposal are accepted. Then the gist of
Paul's
argument would be: what we do with gentiles in view of the change of
time is appropriate according to the intention of the Law. So we are not
volating the Law! We are not sinners!

By the way, what do you mean by "substitution" in your post?

Also, are you suggesting the following translation or are you
simply saying that my proposal, with modifications you suggested,
comes down to the following transation?

> So would you translate this along this line?: "through the Law (of
> Christ) to the Law (of the present age) I died, that I may live to
> God [as is appropriate now on this matter of table-fellowship]."
>
> Regards,
> Mark Nanos

Moon
Moon R. Jung