corpus-paul - 2 Timothy

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "John Dickson" <jdickson AT bigpond.com>
  • To: "corpus paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: 2 Timothy
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 06:45:51 +1100

I have been noting how strongly 2 Tim endorses Timothy's ERGON/DIAKONIA as
the continuation of the apostle Paul's. Could others advise me about whether
there is literature which purues the possibility that this epistle was
generated by Timothy himself or by his followers in an attempt to strengthen
Timothy's place/memory in the church. I myself can not see such a thesis
'flying', but I am sure the literature (if it exists) would prove helpful to
my current investigation into the rise of hO EUAGGELISTHS in the Pauline
circle.
Thank you,
John Dickson
Department of Ancient History