corpus-paul - Re:]the law of faith/the law of works?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Sheila McGinn <smcginn AT jcu.edu>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re:]the law of faith/the law of works?
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 10:57:11 -0400

Dr. Itou, could you spell out more what you meant here?

> I am wondering if the listers think of the understanding which takes *nomos
> pistews:
> and *nomos ergwn* in terms of the Torah concerning faith and the Torah
> concerning
> works in the analogy of *nomos andros* (the Torah concerning a
> man/husband). Is this
> something very strange, or uninteresting and usual interpretaion?

Sheila

--
Sheila E. McGinn, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

"It didn't take long to see morality as the quickest way to avoid
self-loathing."
Sue Grafton, "L" is for Lawless (New York: Holt, 1995), 205.

  • Re:]the law of faith/the law of works?, Sheila McGinn, 10/30/1999