corpus-paul - Re: proto page

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Sheila McGinn <smcginn AT jcu.edu>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: proto page
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:03:13 -0400

Jeffrey, looks good to me. I will check on the copyright permission for use
of that
photo of Paul. As far as editors, how about Wayne Meeks, Helmut Koester,
perhaps Bob
Jewett & James Dunn? I haven't asked any of them, however. SEM

"Jeffrey B. Gibson" wrote:

> List Members may be interested to see a proto page, worked up by Jim
> Hester, for the online, peer reviewed, registerd Journal of Pauline
> Studies whose creation I proposed last week (see attachement below).
>
> It is available at:
>
> http://www.ameritech.net/users/jgibson000/CPFrames.html
>
> I'd be interested in your reactions, as well as futher feed back on the
> desirability and feasability of the Journal.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeffrey Gibson
> --
> Jeffrey B. Gibson
> 7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A
> Chicago, Illinois 60626
> e-mail jgibson000 AT ameritech.net
>
> Peer Reviewed Web Journal on Paul?
> Date:
> Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:32:47 -0500
> From:
> "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
> To:
> "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
>
> Recently on XTalk, the moderated discussion list on the Historical Jesus
>
> and early Christianity, there has been a flurry of discussion (still
> ongoing!) surrounding the idea of launching an online, peer reviewed,
> academic journal dedicated to Historical Jesus studies (cf. the
> messages under the heading of "Peer reviewed Web Journal" at
> http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk2/).
>
> This has set me to wondering about what C-P List members might think
> about the desirability of doing something similar with respect to Paul.
> Just as was (and still is) the case with C-P vis a vis discussion
> groups, there is currently no journal out there, either in print or
> online, that is dedicated solely to matters Pauline. So I think such a
> journal would fill a niche. Moreover, I think there would be a
> sufficient number of scholars, many of whom are not C-P members, and/or
> who do not have time to be part of a discussion list, who nevertheless
> would be eager to be part of such a journal, either as contributors or
> editors or both to make such a journal feasible.
>
> So I would like C-P members to do three things:
>
> First, have a look at the online TC Journal
> (http://www.sbl-site.org/scripts/TC/TC.html) especially if you have not
> seen it before and have little idea of what a scholarly, peer reviewed,
> online journal can be. I envision the TC Journal as the model for an
> online Paul Journal.
>
> Second, have a look at the discussion by James Adair of the history,
> functions, advantages, and future of online journals that is to be found
>
> at
> http://shemesh.scholar.emory.edu/scripts/Offline/off63.html
>
> Third, write to me privately (jgibson000 AT ameritech.net) and tell me what
>
> you think of the proposal.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to corpus-paul as: smcginn AT jcu.edu

Sheila E. McGinn, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Biblical Studies & Early Christianity
John Carroll University
Cleveland, Ohio 44118
smcginn AT jcu.edu
www1.jcu.edu/religion/mcginn/mcginn.htm

"It didn't take long to see morality as the quickest way to avoid
self-loathing."
Sue Grafton, "L" is for Lawless (New York: Holt, 1995), 205.

  • proto page, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 08/21/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: proto page, Sheila McGinn, 08/23/1999
    • Re: proto page, Edgar Krentz, 08/25/1999