corpus-paul - Re: 2 corinthians

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: David Reist <dmreist AT netspeed.com.au>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: 2 corinthians
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:18:51 -0700

Hi,
I'm not about to chop anything to pieces but I would suggest that one of
the more reasonable accounts of the literary unity of 2Corinthians can be
found in Ben Witherington's 'Conflict and Community in Corinth: A
Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on 1 and 2 Corinthians'.

Although not the first to do so, he applies Greco-Roman forensic rhetoric
to the structure of Paul's letter. His approach is, I thought, fairly
convincing and worth consideration in the continuing debate. (see pages
333-339).

For what it's worth,

David Reist (student)
St. Mark's Theological Centre
Canberra, Australia

  • 2 corinthians, Jim West, 06/23/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: 2 corinthians, David Reist, 06/24/1999
    • Re: 2 corinthians, Frank W. Hughes, 06/24/1999