corpus-paul - Re: Paul as Judas' Replacement

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "John M. Contabile II" <jcontabile AT earthlink.net>
  • To: corpus-paul
  • Subject: Re: Paul as Judas' Replacement
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:5:57

Jim,

Thanks for the quick response. My research at this point is sketchy, but
one of several points I have looked at includes the one Don suggests below.
I had a hunch that Dunn had discussed this somewhere, but was uncertain as
to where. As far as I can tell, the biggest problem comes from Peter's
statement in Acts 1:22 that the replacement must have been with them from
the time of John's baptism.

Will you please clarify what you meant by the question: "Why does the NT
never focus on the 12 in the post pauline epistles if he was one of the
12?" I don't want to overlook this point.

Thanks,

John Contabile
Student of the New Testament
jcontabile AT earthlink.net