compostteas - [Compostteas] filtering compost tea

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: Soilculture AT aol.com
  • To: compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Compostteas] filtering compost tea
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:26:21 EST

Hi,

Noticed the comment on Cannards compost tea injection....he is applying the tea thu a irrigation system with rain bird (overhead) sprinklers...not drip.

I have been running compost tea into drip systems....with very minimal screening and then we flush the drip system each time. Time consuming. Most any type of protein, high phosphate or dense microbial materials in the drip system will clog it, even after fine filtering, due to the growth of "slime" in the tubing. The tubing is dark, often warm from solar heat and grows microorganism very well.

So flushing has been our burden.

What size of mesh can fungal compost tea be run tru, pre injection, to limit clogging but retain fungal hyphal health?

Bob

  • [Compostteas] filtering compost tea, Soilculture, 02/20/2003